Day 5: Tokyo 2 April 2008
Day 5, Wednesday, heading to Tokyo from Mt Fuji. Great Japanese breakfast. Mackerel fish, miso soup, tamago (egg) and gohan (rice)...
Yummy Japanese breakfast @ Fuji-san hotel
Yummy Japanese breakfast @ Fuji-san hotelThen we went to Ginza at 10.30am (all shops open at 11am, just like Singapore), warning: all shops closed at 8pm on weekend, just like Indonesia!!! (Singapore is much better, closed at 9.30pm). Ginza is not as attractive as New York's 5th Avenue, Macy's area, Times Square (so you better go to Tokyo first before you go to NYC).

Yunisa @ Ginza, Tokyo
There is a cute panda with SAKURA displayed at a famous department store (Mistukoshi). Ada bayangan saya di pantulan kaca etalase hehehe
Asakusa Kanon Temple, too many people, too smokey (dupa dibakar di mana-mana bo'!)
Taman dekat Asakusa, banyak anak main bola, naik sepeda

Jembatan Merah (Red Bridge or was it Rainbow Bridge?) not too sure, but I took this pic from the bus because of the stretch of Sakura tree. The river is quite clean.
Ueno, macet kayak Jakarta, si komo lewat... Ueno is very strategic for taking trains. There is Hard Rock Cafe here, don't think I took the pics though :P
Ueno shopping street, mirip yang di Korea. Most of the things are from China. The size is not really "my size"... Small, petite, and not XS in Western standard. So I still love NYC more hahahah =D
This is Akihabara, the electronic area (special upload for my colleague Swee Kiat who was dissatisfied and kept asking me many times when I told him I only passed by Akihabara and did not stop there as it is not my cup of tea). Oh well, no time, it's not that I dislike gadgets...The dinner was Chinese food (lobster), quite yummy, but I think it is because the quality of Japanese seafood product is excellent...
My battery all were almost flat (handphone, camera, handycam), so didn't take much pictures. Anyway, the hotel was of Japanese chain and they did not provide any puragu no adaputa (adaptor plug). Susahnya ngomong ke hotel, mereka gak ngerti, they really don't understand what I need till I bring to them my plugs!
I was searching high and low for adaptor, even going to other hotels nearby (Strategic mind), even to the electronic shop in a dept store, even to some convenience stores, but they don't sell it. You've got to find a special electronic shop to buy an adaptor (the dept store technician told me). Mirip di Indonesia aja yah...
When I felt almost desperate, I wished... I had Jemmy's Japanese skill or Bu Johanna's... biar bisa ngomong ke orang2 Jepang itu... But then I met a Caucasian and he told me that he had been working in Japan for 6 months and he thinks that Japanese often pretends that they don't understand English although they understand. Hmm, I think it's because they can't reply you in an understandable English.
My fault as well, for counting on bathroom 2-plug for electronic shaver (the one that is similar to Indonesian and Korean plug)... Not every bathroom has that! So I pledge to myself, never ever leave without my beloved international adaptor... And the tour guide lent hers to a pair of Cinpur (Singaporean Chinese) girls who were unfortunately very selfish until I had to collect again from their room at 11pm!!! Those girls are fat and greedy whenever we ate (kayak gak pernah makan aja, kasian deh haha, bagiku itu makanan jenis itu udah biasa banget as my family is always splurging on expensive excellent gourmet food), so in my thought I label them Babi TBC karena dianya batuk terus, berisik banget dan "Babi satunya" hahaha (I am not an angel, you know, I have my temper every now and then, but fortunately all my good friends are very understanding and love me the way I am). I was really tired by the end of Day 5.




No comments:
Post a Comment